Sheetal Devi Wikipedia, Age, Family, Biography, Career:-Sheetal Devi is a para-archer from India. At the 2022 Asian Para Games, she earned a silver medal in the women’s compound bow. She also won two gold medals in the mixed doubles and women’s individual after winning a silver medal in the women’s double compound. In the final of the Para Asian Games, she won gold in the women’s compound category.
Sheetal devi Age
Sheetal Devi was born on January 10, 2007, in the isolated hamlet of Loi Dhar in the Jammu and Kashmir districts of Kishtwar. In 2023, she will be sixteen years old.
Sheetal devi Archer Family, Education, Biography
Sheetal Devi was raised in a low-income family with minimal resources. Man Singh, her father, is a farmer. Shakti, her mother, is a cowherd. Shivani is her younger sister. In 2022, she was in tenth grade. She was born in the hamlet of Loidhar in the district of Kishtwar, Jammu & Kashmir. Sheetal was attending a youth program in Kishtwar in 2019 when she was discovered by the Indian Army’s Rashtriya Rifles Regiment, which sponsored her education and offered medical help.
Sheetal devi Archer Wikipedia, Age, Family, Career, Education, Net Worth, Biography
|Nick Name||Sheetal Devi|
|Age||January 10, 2007|
|Date Of Birth||16 years Old|
|Birthplace||Village Loi Dhar, Kishtwar District, Jammu and Kashmir, India|
|Father Name||Man Singh|
|Weight||48 Kg (Approx)|
|Height||5 Feet, Inches (Approx)|
|Net Worth||INR 30 Lakhs|
Who is Sheetal Devi?
Sheetal Devi Archer is a silver medalist para-archer from India. At the Asian Para Games, she won gold in the Archery Women’s Individual Compound Open event. She became the world’s first female champion archer without an arm.
Sheetal devi Archer Career, Achievements, Wikipedia
During an Indian army youth tournament, army instructors Abhilasha Chaudhary and Kuldeep Wadhwan observed her confidence and chose to train her. She was born without arms due to Phocomelia. As a result, the coaches first opted to assist her with prostheses. However, the doctors advised that prostheses were not an option in her instance.
She stated that she enjoys and is skilled at climbing trees with her legs. This was a welcome surprise for the coaches. Coaches now faced a new challenge: they had never coached a person for archery who had no arms. Coaches conducted some research to see whether she could be trained, and they ultimately learned about Matt Stutzman, who was armless and utilized her legs for archery. This instilled confidence in the instructors, and after just 11 months of training, Sheetal Devi competed in the Asian Para Games, winning two gold medals for India.
Sheetal Devi’s Net Worth
Sheetal Devi Archer’s net worth is around 30 lakhs
- Sheetal Devi is an Indian archery competitor who competes at the national and international levels. She made history in 2023 when she became the first female armless archer to qualify for the archery world finals.
- She grew up in Loi Dhar, Kishtwar, Jammu & Kashmir, in a poor household.
- Sheetal had a profound passion for education from infancy, but she was afraid that her impairment would hamper her academics like it did for other children. Despite this, She thrived in school because of the consistent support of her family and friends.
- Coach Kuldeep Vedwan became interested in Sheetal Devi after hearing about her from an army officer in 2022. She asked Sheetal to train in archery at the Vaishno Devi Shrine Board Archery Academy in Katra.
- Sheetal’s particular bow was fashioned to match her specific demands, and she wore it not with her hands, but with her legs and chest.
- Sheetal Devi began her athletic career in November 2022 by competing in the Junior National Archery Championships, where she bravely battled against able-bodied opponents.
- Encouraged by her improvement, she demonstrated her talent at the Khelo India Nationals and the Women’s Khelo India Games, where she excelled in both competitions.
- Sheetal Devi made her international debut in May 2023 at a para tournament in the Czech Republic, where she showed remarkable talent and commitment, earning two silver medals and a bronze medal.
- Sheetal was born without arms or legs.
- Sheetal expertly holds her bow with the help of her foot, following in the footsteps of famed archer Matt Stutzman.
- Sheetal began her archery adventure in 2022, earning the prestigious title of the world’s first female archer without hands. However, by 2023, the ranks had grown, and there were six archers without hands globally.
- Sheetal held the 18th position in the global rankings for the Compound Women Open in July 2023, a tribute to her devotion and talent in the sport.
- Sheetal’s personal best score in Compound Women Qualification was an amazing 682 till July 2023, demonstrating her continued improvement and commitment to the archery field.
Sheetal Devi’s Social Media
Thank you for visiting our website and for readingSheetal Devi’s Wikipedia.